- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter cold
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheet.
In a bowl stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry blender cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and egg.
- Add to flour mixture with walnuts.
- Stir with fork until just evenly moistened (dough will still look crumbly).
Scrape dough onto a floured surface and, with slightly floured hands, work together into a ball.
- Divide into 8 equal pieces and gently pat each piece into a 2 1/2 inch round, about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place rounds 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
Bake scones until tops are browned, 30 minutes.
- Cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheet before serving..
- Calories: 5675
- Fat: 488.977754589 grams
- Carbs: 270.686315195 grams
- Protein: 74.8110993581 grams