- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Pine nuts
- 2 handfuls Dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to
Put the pine nuts in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Toast until golden.
- Add the butter and heat just until melted.
Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, measure the milk, mix in the egg and melted butter/pine nuts.
- Stir until combined.
Stir the wet ingredients into the flour until just combined.
- Knead lightly with your hands a few times until the dough sticks together.
- (It's not too messy, don't worry).
Pat into a circle on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- The dough will be about 1.5 inches thick and the circle will be 7 or so inches in diameter.
Using a very sharp knife, cut into wedges.
- Distribute these wedges around the cookie sheet.
Bake for 13 minutes or until lightly golden.
These freeze well..
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 10.4549459375 grams
- Carbs: 39.3919493757 grams
- Protein: 5.5858090625 grams