- 3/4 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the butter and 1 cup of sugar until they are just combined.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter-and-sugar mixture.
- Mix on low speed until the dough starts to come together.
- Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
Roll the dough 1/2-inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with mixture of 2 Tbs sugar and 2 Tbs ground pecans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature..
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 7.47136857956 grams
- Carbs: 10.0945274804 grams
- Protein: 1.17000096696 grams